ESR Project Manager
NHS AfC: Band 6
- Human Resources
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Full time
- Flexible working
- Royal Stoke University Hospital
- £32,306 - £39,027 per annum
- 19/01/2022 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
From 1st April 2022 all NHS workers in England with face to face contact with patients must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Only those with medical exemptions will be excluded from this requirement. Please consider this mandatory requirement when applying for this position.
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
ESR Project Manager
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic project manager to support our users to access and use the ESR System more easily and effectively.
The aim of the role is to optimise use of the ESR system across the whole range of our users including systems that interface with ESR. This will include training users and providing support and guidance on new developments and enhancements. You will be expected to translate internal workforce data requirements into tailored BI solutions; produce reports for users, and support users to produce their own reports.
You will have a passion for design, an eye for detail, and excellent communication skills to allow you to lead and engage with confidence, all levels of manager and staff across the organisation.
You will need knowledge of Information Governance and the principles of safe data management. You will have an ability to manage multiple competing projects and manage resources effectively. You will also be able to present information clearly and communicate technical concepts to a varied audience
What we are looking for:
- Enthusiasm and someone with a can-do attitude
- Passion about inspiring staff to use ESR to enhance their workforce information
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Clear and articulate communication skills, both written and verbally
Main duties of the job
As a member of the Workforce Information Team, the post-holder will support the Workforce Planning & Information Manager in optimizing the efficiency of the ESR system by providing training, support and guidance to all staff and increasing user-engagement with the system.
Primarily, the role is to develop and deliver strategies to deliver the full range of benefits of ESR, including developing use of the BI Tool. This will require:
- Effective project management skills and close working with internal managers to improve engagement with, take-up and use of the system, and
- Innovation and adaptability in approach to communications and training, so all staff, across a number of sites, are supported and informed in their use of the system.
The post holder will be expert in the multi-module ESR system and technically adept in interrogation of the system and the development of BI dashboards
The role includes the design and development of promotional and training materials, attendance at events and meetings to promote ESR. The post holder will also represent the Trust at regional meetings on ESR as necessary to ensure maximum understanding and deployment of ESR Developments and the BI solution
Working for our organisation
We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales. We have put together a wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our goal is to be a world-class centre of achievement, where patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people come to learn, work and research.
The Workforce Information Team is a small team supporting our Trust and the Human Resources Directorate by providing timely and accurate workforce information. We provide dedicated support to all managers and staff to help them benefit from using the ESR System to their best advantage. We work together as a team and support each other. We work in an agile way, combining the benefits of working from home with office working to meet the needs of our service and the HR Directorate. Being part of the wider HR Directorate brings benefits ranging from excellent staff engagement and wellbeing offerings to opportunities for learning and development.
As a forward thinking progressive employer the Trust aims to make the benefits of working here commensurate with its employment standing.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Project manage engagement with and promotion of ESR.
- Work closely with managers to ensure they realise the opportunities Manager Self Service give them and to support staff in their use of Employee Self Service.
- Contribute to the work of the Workforce Information Team as required, to ensure that the ESR continues to support Information Governance standards and audit requirements.
- Maintain own workload for production of reports from ESR and *for supporting users through the ESR Desktop Support process
- Work closely with the wider HR Team to contribute to the streamlining of working practices to ensure the process efficiencies ESR can bring are utilised fully.
- Design and develop promotional, communications and training materials, attend events and meetings to promote ESR.
- Develop and promote use of the ESR Business Intelligence (BI) tool across the Trust to support delivery of the Trust’s Strategic Objectives and People Strategy, building tailored dashboards as necessary. This includes but not limited to:
- Translate internal workforce data requirements into tailored BI solutions
- Develop, test and support BI objects and dashboards to user specifications
- Provide specialist functional advice on BI and deal with any queries regarding the solution
- Manage multiple competing projects and manage resources effectively.
- Provide information and reports, including sensitive information, to departments across the Trust in compliance with Information Governance policies and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Investigate and resolve queries and anomalies to maintain the integrity of data held and ensure it is managed according to Trust policies and the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Generate reports as necessary to support the provision of timely and accurate workforce information to Trust Board, HR Business Partners, and other managers across the Trust and to relevant external stakeholders.
- Work innovatively with all stakeholders to ensure that workforce data is robust and that information and reports presented are clear and logical to the relevant audience.
- Qualified to Diploma level or having completed the ESR System providers’ specific training course
- Trained in integrated HR/Payroll System and able to produce reports generated by that system
- Expert in the multi-module ESR system
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Claire Soper
- Job title
- Head of HR Governance and Workforce Information
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01782 228298
If you have problems applying, contact
University Hospitals of North Midlands - Royal Stoke
Springfield Building, Floor 2 (Trust HQ)
Stoke on Trent
- Office: 01782 671437 OR VOIP: 01782 228396