Financial Management Assistant
NHS AfC: Band 4
- NHS AfC: Band 4
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Royal Stoke University Hospital
- £21,892 - £24,157 per annum
- 06/12/2020 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
The Financial Management Assistant role is responsible for providing sound financial management advice and support to Operational Managers, both clinical and non-clinical, at Ward and Directorate Level.
The key elements of the role are to:
- Provide operational managers with information and analysis each month
- Review actual income and expenditure within the Trust ledger system (ABS)
- Prepare and input journals and accruals to produce accurate management accounts
- Hold meetings with budget holders and managers independently
- Support the Directorates to ensure timely reporting and recovery of income
- Prepare budget virements and journals to maintain the integrity of financial and staffing budgets
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a minimum of 5 GCSEs including Mathematics and English. They will be a good communicator with the ability to work to tight deadlines and use their own initiative to complete tasks.
This role would be perfect for somebody looking gain a professional qualification. In the past year the hospital has been accredited with CIMA, ACCA and CIFPA recognising the support offered to members. The trust will provide a study and development package providing the candidate the best possible opportunity to progress in there career.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sarah Mills
- Job title
- Divisional Finance Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01782 679578
- Additional information
Currently working from home with limited site access, so please e-mail in the first instance.
If you have problems applying, contact
University Hospitals of North Midlands - Royal Stoke
Stoke on Trent
- 01782 671437 (internal 71437)