Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse- Renal
- Band 6
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week (37.5)
- University Hospital North Midlands
- Stoke on Trent
- £31,365 - £37,890 Per Annun - Dependent on experience
- Today at 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
Job Title: Senior Staff Nurse
Band: Band 6
Hours of Duty: 37.5
Managerially accountable to: Senior Sister
Professionally accountable to: NMC & UHNM
Key Relationships: Divisional Nurses
Senior Clinical Nurses
Main duties of the job
Ward 124-Renal Unit Royal Stoke
Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse
We have a very exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly motivated Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse to join our team
The successful applicant will have good communication skills and should have at least 12 months experience of working in an acute hospital setting ideally within a Renal setting. We are looking for a committed team player who has high standards and is passionate about improving the patient experience. You will play a key role in supporting the Ward Manager and the Senior Staff Nursing team.
The ward comprises of 28 beds which include 2 higher monitoring beds and 4 Assessment trolleys.
The team is cohesive and professional with a genuine interest and passion for providing a high standard of patient care. If you are looking for a new challenge, then this innovative unit will provide you with the opportunities for professional development and an exciting and rewarding career in Renal Nursing.
Working for our organisation
The UHNM NHS Trust covers Royal Stoke Hospital in Stoke on Trent and County Hospital in Stafford. Royal Stoke a large acute teaching hospital, with a Turnover of £360 million. Located in Stoke on Trent and Stafford, UHNM is close to the M6, within commuting distance of culturally diverse major conurbations, such as Manchester and Birmingham and surrounded by rural pleasures, including the Peak District National Park.
Each year Royal Stoke cares for over 600,000 people providing emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care. It is a leading teaching hospital in partnership with Keele University and has a patient-centred clinical research facility providing state-of-the-art facilities.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The Renal Unit is a new state of the art building and also includes a Haemodialysis Unit, Transplant Service, CKD team, Research Team and a Home Therapy Department.
Please note the University Hospitals of North Midlands (NHS) Trust, do not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Senior Sister Sally Appleton
- Higher National Diploma in Adult Nursing Studies or equivalent
- Health Related Degree or currently working towards
- Current NMC registration
Knowledge & Experience
- 2 Years Post Registration Experience within Renal
- Demonstrable interest in and commitment to the professional development of others
- Previous experience of nursing management - shift leading etc
- Demonstrable clinical expertise, relevant to SACT administration
- Experience of leading clinical
- Ability to organise and manage day-to-day departmental activities and the activities of large multidisciplinary team within this
- Communication skills – able to relate and communicate with patients and staff at all levels and from different professions. Adapts communication style as necessary and is able to work with and through others
- Team building and working skills – able to lead a team to achieve results
- Problem solving skills – able to respond to unexpected issues and provide first line response and to identify appropriate sources of secondary support
- Computer literacy
- Experience of supporting governance agenda
- Deputising in abscence of management in current role
- Highly self motivated – Possesses high internal work standards, sets themselves and helps others to set attainable goals; wants to do things better, to improve, to be more effective and efficient; measure progress against target
- Flexibility – Able to adapt to ensure achievement of objectives within constantly changing situations and environments
- Customer focussed – committed to ensuring a positive hospital experience for patients and their relatives/ carers
- Good general health and sickness record
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sally Appleton
- Job title
- Senior Sister
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01782 676124