Pharmacy Senior Assistant Technical Officer
- Band 3
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (An average of 37.5 hours per week, worked over a 7-day working rota, with a minimum weekend commitment of 1 in 4)
- Stoke on Trent
- £19,737 - £21,142 per annum
- 23/06/2021 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
We provide an exciting and sociable working environment and are looking for forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated person to join our highly regarded team. You will have excellent organisational and communication skills and you will need to be able to work effectively with the existing team both at ward level and within the Pharmacy Department. Proven organisational and team leading skills are essential.
Experience of working and supervising in a pharmacy environment is necessary along with an NVQ Level 2 in Pharmaceutical Services (or equivalent).
Working as part of the pharmacy team, distribution involves the supply of medicines as stock to wards and departments, issuing of patient specific medications, working within a multi-disciplinary team, including: stock management, issuing of pharmaceutical products.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will work predominantly within the Pharmacy dispensary and will lead on one of our four key areas within Patient Services which are
• Pharmacy Hubs
• CD Room and Clinics
• Overseeing the support function in the Pharmacy Dispensary.
We have one full time post available, you will work during the week, weekends and Bank Holidays. The weekend working is on a rota basis working 1 in 4 weekends and the Bank Holiday working is on a rota. During the week we have staggered start and finish times working between 9.00am - 6.20pm
Working for our organisation
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. We serve around three million people and we’re highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. The Trust has around 1,450 inpatient beds across two sites in Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford. Our 11,000 strong workforce provide emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care from Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford.
We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales. We have put together a wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our goal is to be a world-class centre of achievement, where patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people come to learn, work and research
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Education and qualifications 4 GCSEs or equivalent - must include Maths and English at grade C or above - and NVQ2 in Pharmaceutical Service OR 4 GCSEs or equivalent - must include Maths and English at grade C or above plus an NVQ Level 2 in Customer Services and willing to work towards NVQ 2 in Pharmaceutical Services.
At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
Pride in establishing and maintaining high standards of work and attention to detail Ability to work accurately and under pressure. Ability to work unsupervised and alone within departmental guidelines/SOPs For full details please see the attached job description and person specification
Education and qualifications
- 4 GCSEs or equivalent - must include Maths and English at grade C or above - and NVQ2 in Pharmaceutical ServicesOR 4 GCSEs or equivalent - must include Maths and English at grade C or above plus an NVQ Level 2 in Customer Services and willing to work towards NVQ 2 in Pharmaceutical Services.
- OR 4 GCSEs or equivalent - must include Maths and English at grade C or above plus an NVQ Level 2 in Customer Services and willing to work towards NVQ 2 in Pharmaceutical Services.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Pride in establishing and maintaining high standards of work and attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately and under pressure.
- Ability to work unsupervised and alone within departmental guidelines/SOPs
- Experience of using computer systems and applications.
- Previous experience of dealing with customers and difficult queries
- Work experience in any of the following: Hospital environment Retail/stock control Cash handling/card transactions Reception/telephone work
Skills, ability and knowledge
- Ability to lead and supervise other members of the team, prioritising and allocating work, ensuring rotas are complied with.
- Good organisational skills for example when liaising with Senior Tech to compile rotas.
- Ability to deal confidently and directly with all members of healthcare teams and members of the public.
- Ability to investigate queries, taking appropriate action, liaising with technicians and pharmacists as necessary
- Articulate with good verbal and written communication skills
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Diane Massey
- Job title
- Senior Pharmacy Technician
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01782 674534