Band 6 Rotational Midwife
- Band 5/6
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- RSUH/ County
- Stoke on Trent
- £25,655 - £39,027 Band 5/6 dependant on experience
- 19/01/2022 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
From 1st April 2022 all NHS workers in England with face to face contact with patients must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Only those with medical exemptions will be excluded from this requirement. Please consider this mandatory requirement when applying for this position.
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
A number of opportunities have arisen for dedicated and committed Band 5 and 6 midwives to join the maternity team. We are looking for newly qualified and also experienced midwives who are passionate about delivering high quality, safe care to women in a variety of settings.
We have permanent contracts for enthusiastic midwives to provide antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care. There is also the opportunity for involvement in Continuity of Carer models that are currently being implemented.
Main duties of the job
- To assess, develop, implement and evaluate nursing and midwifery care for women and babies within the ward/department/community in order to provide and maintain a high standard of informed and effective holistic care under the guidance of the Ward/Department Manager or deputy.
- To promote and empower women to make appropriate choices regarding their care and act as their advocate when necessary.
- To work autonomously as a midwife practitioner throughout the whole spectrum of maternity care for the “low risk” woman.
- To be able to assess and make professional judgements when a woman’s risk category changes to “high risk” and liase with the relevant medical specialist. To continue to care for the “high risk” woman with the medical specialist.
Working for our organisation
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. We serve around three million people and we’re highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. The Trust has around 1,450 inpatient beds across two sites in Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford. Our 11,000 strong workforce provide emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care from Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford.
We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales. We have put together a wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our goal is to be a world-class centre of achievement, where patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people come to learn, work and research.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To rotate on a regular basis to maintain skills in all aspects of maternity care including the intrapartum period and meet the needs of an integrated service.
- Provide continuity of care, advice and support throughout pregnancy, labour and the postnatal period to an assigned caseload.
You will need to be versatile and have excellent communication skills. Team working is an essential part of the role.
There is an expectation that the role will involve shift work, unsociable hours and on call.
Informal discussion are welcomed- please contact Kelly Mottershead Inpatient Matron 01782 672314 email@example.com or Debbie Tomlinson Outpatient Matron firstname.lastname@example.org 01782 672102
Education ans Qualifications
- NMC Registered Midwife
- Current Practicing Midwife
- NIPE Qualification
- Mentorship qualification
Educations and Experience
- Minimum 2 years post qualification working as a midwife
- Completed preceptorship package
- Experience of CPD
- Evidence of preparation for revalidation
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Kelly Mottershead
- Job title
- Inpatient Midwifery Matron
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01782 679629
- Additional information
Outpatient Midwifery Matron