NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Body Imaging
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Permanent: 10.2 PAs
- Full time - 10 sessions per week (0.2 PA)
- University Hospitals North Midlands
- Stoke on Trent
- £84,559 - £114,003 pa
- 27/01/2022 23:59
UHNM are looking for a Consultant Body Radiologist with an interest in Uroradiology working within a team of 18 body radiologists. The Imaging Department at UHNM is a busy department providing both general and specialist services in diagnostic and interventional imaging. It is a large department with 41.5 WTE Radiologists. The Imaging department carries out over 700,000 examinations every year.
Main duties of the job
The job plan will include uroradiology MR reporting, CT and general CT reporting, general ultrasound guided intervention and urological intervention (including nephrostomy insertion, ureteric stent insertion, plus optional involvement with PCNL and urovascular intervention). Also, the job plan will include CPD SPA and Trust SPA sessions and on call.
The body radiologists provide a full on call service, currently 1 in 18 weekdays and 1 in 10 Saturdays or Sundays. The appointee will be expected to be involved with teaching and training of radiology SpRs. UHNM has a stand-alone radiology training scheme (part of the West Midlands deanery).
Working for our organisation
The University Hospital is the main teaching hospital for the Keele University Undergraduate Medical School and there are close ties with the University of Keele and Staffordshire University.
There is a high level of skill-mix within the department and teaching and training of radiographers and junior radiologists is at the forefront. Every year, there are 7 junior radiologists joining the department for their training. We currently have 28 juniors at all levels and new training facilities. There are also strong and active connections with Keele Medical School. This brings about many teaching opportunities for candidates.
Research is a growing area of activity. A specialised research team within the department will help support research, studies and collaboration with other centres and the industry.
We are the number one ranked trauma unit in the country and a Consultant job here will provide great exposure to acute body radiology imaging.
Flexible working requests will be considered
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The details job description and responsibilities can be found within the attached supporting documents.
Interview Date 7th / 8th March 2022
- Full Registration with the GMC
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining entry on the General Medical Council (GMC) Specialist Register via one of the following: 1. Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) (the proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview) 2. Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) 3. European Community Rights
- FRCR or equivalent
- MD, PHD
Clinical Experience Training
- 18 months full time training in Radiology
- Good writing and presentation skills. Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Management Experience
- Level 1 Urological Training RCR Curriculum
- Ability to appraise Junior Doctors and other staff. Training in Medical Education
Professional and Multidisciplinary Team Working
- Ability to motivate and develop the multi-disciplinary team, balancing departmental and personal objectives
- Ability to support the Clinical Director of Imaging
Academic Achievements Research Publications
- Interest in and willingness to develop teaching abilities and activities
- Experience of conducting Clinical Audit
- Publications in peer reviewed journals
- Evidence of having undertaken Original research
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
2nd Floor, Springfield Building
Royal Stoke Hospital
Stoke On Trent