Training Fellow Respiratory Medicine
Trust Doctor (ST1/2)
- Respiratory Medicine
- Trust Doctor (ST1/2)
- 24 months (Fixed term for 24 months)
- Full time: 40 hours per week (40 per week)
- Stoke On Trent
- £38,693 £38,693.00 per annum
- 27/01/2021 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
There is an exciting opportunity to join our excellent Respiratory Department at UHNM, working as a Trust Doctor for a 24 month fixed term contract.
There is a teaching program and clinical exposure suitable for trainees aspiring to a career within Respiratory Medicine. We have a strong focus on education and an excellent record of trainees successfully obtaining higher level training posts.
Main duties of the job
This post is not recognised as a formal training slot however, the training opportunities will be the same as the other Senior House Officer’s
Working for our organisation
The Respiratory Department provides both an inpatient, outpatient and day case Sleep & Ventilation Service, Interstitial Lung Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Asthma, Lung Cancer, Pleural Procedures and General Respiratory services across both our sites.The Respiratory Department is the regional centre for interstitial lung disease and non-invasive ventilation. The Respiratory Department consists of 4 Respiratory Wards with 111 inpatient beds, including a Regional Weaning Centre with 16 NIV beds, and 2 Respiratory Physiology Departments over 2 sites offering a range of lung function tests.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To assist in the delivery of care for inpatients with respiratory conditions, both elective and emergency admissions.
- Ward duties including clerking of elective and emergency admissions
- Managing inpatients care with respective registrar and consultant colleagues
- Full GMC registration
- Awards/distinctions whilst studying for 1st degree
- 6 months experience within the NHS at SHO level
- Experience within Respiratory Medicine preferably at SHO level
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to organise and prioritise busy workloads effectively
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Nadeem Maddekar
- Job title
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01782 671958
- Additional information
Dr Shahul Khan - Shahul.email@example.com or 01782 675748
Dr Nadeem Maddekar - Nadeem.firstname.lastname@example.org or 01782 671958