Clinical Lead Emergency Medicine ** UHNM Employees Only **
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Emergency Medicine
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Fixed term: 3 years
- Part time
- University Hospitals North Midlands
- 1 PA
- 30/01/2022 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
From 1st April 2022 all NHS workers in England with face to face contact with patients must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Only those with medical exemptions will be excluded from this requirement. Please consider this mandatory requirement when applying for this position.
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
Clinical Lead in Emergency Medicine
We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to join our team. Working with the Clinical Director and other members of the Senior Management Team, you will provide expert advice and opinion, and take responsibility for performance management, efficient deployment of resources, in addition to influencing the strategic agenda for Emergency Medicine.
The successful applicant will lead the Emergency Medicine clinical team consisting of Consultants, Advanced Clinical Practitioners, Nurses and other healthcare professionals across both of our hospitals. You will be a good communicator, have a keen interest in management, and will enjoy the challenge of leading and driving forward the operational, governance and strategic agenda. The Directorate and Divisional team will provide support and development to enable you to fulfil this role.
The duration of the appointment will be 3 years and remunerated at 1 PA / week
Main duties of the job
Some of the key duties of the role include: -
- To provide leadership to all staff within the Emergency Department
- To ensure that high quality care of patients remains the highest priority
- To contribute strategically as a senior member of the Directorate Management team.
- To lead and deputise for the Clinical Director on specific projects which will be discussed and agreed with the successful candidate
Working for our organisation
Royal Stoke University Hospital was rebuilt in 2012 as part of a £400m initiative to bring all hospital services in Stoke-on-Trent onto one large campus site. Royal Stoke is a great place to work, learn and research. The hospital campus holds 80% of the Trust’s services, including the Major Trauma Centre and Emergency Centre. Royal Stoke receives major trauma patients from as far afield as Anglesey in North Wales and in total serves more than three million people. The A&E sees close to 150,000 people a year, making it one of the busiest departments in the country.
Many of UHNMs 450 consultants are based at Royal Stoke, and the main specialist services for the region are located here. These services include the major specialties of Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Metabolic/GI, Women’s & Children’s, Musclo-Skeletal Services/Trauma and Oncology. To deliver all these services and the many others we provide the Trust has created major departments to deliver the patient care.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
A detailed job description and the main responsibilities can be found within the job pack attached in the supporting documents.
- MBCHB or equivalent
- FCEM or equivalent
- ALS or equivalent
- APLS certification
- Full GMC registration on specialist register
- Currently on the Specialist Register or eligibility for inclusion on the Specialist Register within 6 months of interview date.
- European Trauma Course
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCT in relevant specialty.
- Broad clinical experience within emergency medicine
Teaching & Education
- Experience in demonstrating clinical procedures/techniques to other healthcare professionals
- Instructor on life support course e.g. ALS, APLS, ATLS
Audit & Research
- Undertaken complete audit cycle.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Richard Hall
- Job title
- Clinical Director Emergency Medicine
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01782 674410
If you have problems applying, contact
2nd Floor, Springfield Building
Royal Stoke Hospital
Stoke On Trent