Senior Occupational Therapist
- Senior Occupational Therapist
- Band 6
- Part time - 22.5 hours per week
- County Site
- £32,306 - £39,027 per annum pro rata
- 20/01/2022 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
From 1st April 2022 all NHS workers in England with face to face contact with patients must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Only those with medical exemptions will be excluded from this requirement. Please consider this mandatory requirement when applying for this position.
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
We are looking for an enthusiastic therapist with strong clinical and team working skills, who has a positive and resilient outlook who is able to embrace the challenges and opportunities of working in a large acute trust.
Would you like to develop your leadership and teaching skills alongside growth of your clinical ability? If so, come and join the Therapies team at the University of North Midlands NHS Trust.
Training opportunities across University Hospital of North Midlands include access to an onsite simulation training lab. Close links with Staffordshire, Coventry, Derbyshire and Keele universities for support with external learning, apprenticeships at level 6 and 7 and research support as well as internal in-service and journal clubs.
Support and training as a clinical educator will be provided and the post holder will have the opportunity to supervise Occupational Therapy students.
The University Hospital of North Midlands is located on 2 hospital sites, Royal stoke and County providing learning and development opportunities across a large therapies team.
The Therapies team offers an excellent 7 day provision with staff working weekends and bank holidays.
Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has presented itself for a Senior Occupational Therapist. This post is based at County Hospital, Stafford. The experience available includes:
- Urgent care including Accident & Emergency and Acute Medical Unit - Rapid decision making in relation to discharge planning and equipment provision & admission avoidance.
- Frail elderly - Frailty management, patients with dementia, falls management, complex discharge planning.
- Acute medicine - Wide range of medical conditions with complex d/c planning,
- Palliative medicine - Oncology conditions, fast track D/C planning & complex manual handling assessments & equipment provision. Long term life limiting conditions and challenging conversations.
- Elective orthopaedic unit. – Rapid discharge assessments, preadmission optimisation and wide range of equipment provision
You will be part of a large combined therapies team, which can offer a wide range of learning and development opportunities. Supervision will be provided by an Advanced Therapist and continuous development is supported through appraisal, internal training and external learning.
Working for our organisation
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. We serve around three million people and we’re highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. The Trust has around 1,450 inpatient beds across two sites in Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford. Our 11,000 strong workforce provide emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care from Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford.
We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales. We have put together a wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our goal is to be a world-class centre of achievement, where patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people come to learn, work and research.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For more information on working for the Trust, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
For more details on the post, please contact Clare Johnson (see contact details)
Education & Qualifications
- Degree/Dilpoma in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with HCPC
- Evidence of CPD
- CPD relevant to speciality area
- Minimum of 18 months post-graduate experience as an Occupational Therapist
- Experience gained in an acute setting
- Experience relevant to specilaity area
- NHS experience
- 2-4 years post graduate experience
Skills, Ability & Knowledge
- Motivated to self develop
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to react well to pressure
- Able to use initiative/be innovative
- Good communicator - in writing
- Involvement in training staff/delivering presentations
- Experience of audits
- Clinical Educator
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Clare Johnson
- Job title
- Head of Therapy Services
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01785 230203
- Additional information