NHS AfC: Band 5
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week (37.5 hours per week)
- £24,907 - £30,615 £24,907 - £30,615 per annum
- 26/01/2021 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
Job Title: Staff Nurse
Location: Ward 7, County Hospital Stafford
Hours of Duty: 37.5
Managerially accountable to: Sister / Charge Nurse
Professionally accountable to: Sister / Charge Nurse
Key Relationships: Junior Sister / Charge Nurse Senior
Staff Nurse for Quality
Other wards and Departments
Main duties of the job
The Medical Division has an exciting opportunity for both experienced Nurses and Newly Qualified Nurses to join our team on Ward 1 at County Hospital.
To be eligible to apply for the role, you will need to possess the following:
Working for our organisation
The UHNM NHS Trust covers Royal Stoke Hospital in Stoke on Trent and County Hospital in Stafford. Royal Stoke a large acute teaching hospital, with a Turnover of £360 million. Located in Stoke on Trent and Stafford, UHNM is close to the M6, within commuting distance of culturally diverse major conurbations, such as Manchester and Birmingham and surrounded by rural pleasures, including the Peak District National Park.
Each year Royal Stoke cares for over 600,000 people providing emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care. It is a leading teaching hospital in partnership with Keele University and has a patient-centred clinical research facility providing state-of-the-art facilities.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
You will be able to:
- Support staff in the delivery of quality patient focused care and work as an effective team member
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Be adaptable and flexible in order to meet the challenges and demand of your new role.
- Display the care, compassion and knowledge to look after all adult patients. He/she should possess excellent communication skills and be a team player.
Should you be the right candidate for this post, please apply now.
- RGN / RMN
- Experience in general medicine and wishing to care for patients
- Good grounded knowledge of nursing care
- Teaching and assessing interest
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Cherryl Hackett
- Job title
- Senior Sister
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01785 257731
- Additional information
Matron Dani Burn
01785 257731 ext 2161