- Band 2
- Part time - 28.16 hours per week
- County Hospital
- £18,005 - £19,337 pro rata per annum
- Today at 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
Support Secretary / Clerical Officer
28 hours and 10 minutes per week
We are looking to appoint a cheerful and motivated person with great interpersonal skills.
Are you an ambitious and highly motivated individual looking to obtain more secretarial experience within the NHS, then look no further. The Pharmacy Directorate require an organised person with a flexible and adaptable approach in undertaking a busy work schedule. You will need to be able to work in a calm, logical and methodical way but be able to multi-task whilst dealing with frequent interruptions and you must possess effective communication skills. The ability to work on your own initiative is required along with good basic education and RSA Word Processing. The ability to use Microsoft office is essential to allow you to produce the standard or work required. Experience of minute taking would be an advantage.
The Pharmacy directorate is a friendly department.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder is responsible for providing an administrative service to the Pharmacy team at County Hospital however, you may be required to provide cover at the Royal Stoke University Hospital Site (RSUH). The post-holder will be required to follow policies and procedures, communicate effectively and provide cover for other clerical staff at RSUH as requested by the Operational Services Manager
Working for our organisation
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. We serve around three million people and we’re highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. The Trust has around 1,450 inpatient beds across two sites in Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford. Our 11,000 strong workforce provide emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care from Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford.
We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales. We have put together a wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our goal is to be a world-class centre of achievement, where patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people come to learn, work and research.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Collection, sorting and distribution of mail both electronically and paper form, where appropriate.
- Word processing of letters and reports.
- Typing up minutes.
- Data entry on computer systems (e.g ESR) and the updating of spreadsheets (eg with regard to training, appraisals, etc).
- Diary management and the arrangement of meetings, re-arranging where necessary, including arranging a suitable venue or arrange via MS Teams.
- To provide cover for other clerical staff as required.
- Maintaining departmental stationery stock and dealing with repair/maintenance of office equipment.
- Reception of visitors to the department including receipt of deliveries.
- Dealing promptly with routine enquiries from staff flagging up to line manager unresolved issues/problems as they arise.
- Dealing with staff and patients in a caring and professional manner using tact and diplomacy.
- Assisting with the induction of new staff.
- Maintaining a bring-forward file and ensuring appropriate papers are available for meetings.
- Assisting the Operational Services Manager with the review of administrative procedures within the department to continually improve service provision.
- General clerical duties e.g. filing, photocopying etc.
- Follow departmental or Standard Operation Procedure (SOP’s).
- Complying with the Data Protection Act and Caldicott Guidelines in relation to confidential data.
- Monitoring and chasing of mandatory training for all staff across the Directorate to ensure that we maintain compliance.
- Monitoring and chasing of appraisals for all staff across the Directorate to ensure that we maintain compliance.
- Monitoring and chasing of ACT qualification at County Hospital
- Monitoring of GPHC Registration for Technicians, Pharmacists and Nurses and escalation of any issues.
- To keep a database of Pharmacy licences.
- To follow the Directorate process for issuing annual leave liaising with the Chief Technician or Senior Technicians to escalate any issues.
- Liaising with Estates to report any issues.
- Assisting with the organisation storage of archive records, monitoring and ensuring timely destruction in line with For the Record, ensuring that destruction records are kept.
- Ensure that notice boards are updated as needed.
- To support the Directorate with Staff Engagement, this will include helping to co-ordinate events and supporting the Managers.
Education and qualifications
- Good general education
- NVQ2/RSA2 word processing or equivalent
- Administration/clerical background
- Previous experience working in a Health Care environment.
Skills, Ability & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of using/inputting into databases, spreadsheets, computer systems
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Conscientious and hard-working
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Willingness to undertake training
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Tracey Rorbach
- Job title
- Operational Services Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01782 674504