NHS AfC: Band 7
- Advanced Physiotherapist
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Royal Stoke
- Royal Stoke
- £40,057 - £45,839 PA
- Today at 23:59
If there is a high volume of applications the advert may be closed early. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. (This does not apply to any medical staffing posts)
From 1st April 2022 all NHS workers in England with face to face contact with patients must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Only those with medical exemptions will be excluded from this requirement. Please consider this mandatory requirement when applying for this position.
Important Information: University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust does not pay travel expenses for candidates attending interviews.
We are looking for an enthusiastic senior physiotherapist to take on a Band 7 Advanced position in the above areas.
Main duties of the job
The post will give the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to expand their expert clinical skills in Musculoskeletal treatment & rehabilitation of acute patients and assist the Principal Therapists to develop the services.
The Therapies team support; late shifts, on-call and weekend working to provide cover for patients within the busy Acute Trust.
There are strong links with Keele University for both Under & Post graduate physiotherapy.
Working for our organisation
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. We serve around three million people and we’re highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. The Trust has around 1,450 inpatient beds across two sites in Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford. Our 11,000 strong workforce provide emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care from Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford.
We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales. We have put together a wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our goal is to be a world-class centre of achievement, where patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people come to learn, work and research.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further information or an informal visit please contact Noeleen Hellis on telephone number 01782 675340 or email email@example.com
Education & Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma in Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy
- Registered with HCPC
- Evidence of personal & professional development
- Post holder committed to working at masters level e.g. has attended courses accredited at masters/post graduate level
- Working towards a higher qualification relevant to speciality e.g. masters degree
- Post graduate (NHS) experience with considerable experience in speciality area
- Experience of working as an Advanced Therapist leading and managing a team
- Experience of teaching students, staff and other professional groups
- Experience of undertaking out of hours working
- Experience gained within an acute setting
- Involvement in audit/research
- Experience of leading and managing a team within a relevant speciality
Skills, ability and knowledge
- Is able to describe care, compassion, courage, commitment, communication and competence in relation to the care of a patient in a care setting
- Experience of supporting/supervising staff
- Ability to liaise with other professional/agencies
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Good communicator - in writing
- Evidence of project work
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to undertake A&C duties linked to clinical work
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Noeleen Hellis
- Job title
- Divisional Therapy Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information